CISC Internship Program
In the spring of 2010, the Institute for Sustainable Cities launched the CISC Internship Program to give students the opportunity to engage in sustainability work with the Institute. Since that time, students from diverse academic backgrounds participated in the program.
CISC interns gain hands-on research and programming experience working with CISC senior staff and partners on a variety of projects. To date, projects have included:
- Researching food production, processing, distribution, consumption and waste for the New York Region;
- Examining the ecological services and functions of backyards in New York City;
- Working to establish a community-university partnership;
- Creating a report on water resources, climate change and green infrastructure initiatives in the Hudson Valley Region; and
- Organizing public events to engage New York City residents in sustainability issues.
In addition, interns who participate in CISC’s summer internship program hear from leaders in the sustainability field through the CISC Internship Brown Bag Lunch Series. Held regularly throughout the summer, these Brown Bag Lunches give interns the opportunity to learn from professionals both within and outside of the Institute about cutting edge work being done in sustainability and the various entry points into the environmental field. Speakers for the Summer 2010 Program include CISC’s Director and Collaborative Programs Manager, and staff from the NYC Soil and Water Conservation District and the Community Preservation Corporation.
(Note: These selected listings are meant to give you an idea of the types of possibilities that are available here at the Institute each year and are provided as sample listings only. Do not apply to these listings.)
- City Atlas Social Media Intern Spring 2012
- City Atlas Social Media Internship
- Summer 2010 Cities by the Coast Internship
CISC also curates a list of internships with off-site organizations:
* If you’re off-campus you can submit a form to Request Internship Listings.