Intern at CISC
CISC interns gain hands-on research and programming experience working with CISC senior staff and partners on a variety of projects. To date, intern projects at CISC have included:
- Researching food production, processing, distribution, consumption and waste for the New York Region;
- Examining the ecological services and functions of backyards in New York City;
- Creating a report on water resources, climate change and green infrastructure initiatives in the Hudson Valley Region; and
- Organizing public events to engage New York City residents in sustainability issues.
- There are currently no internship openings at CISC.
The Institute for Sustainable Cities lists internship opportunities with CISC partners and other environmental organizations, to assist CUNY students in all fields of study and levels of experience on both the undergraduate and graduate level with finding an internship. Students internships have included hands-on work with government agencies, nonprofits, and private businesses and offer a variety of entry points into the sustainability movement. Through their internship experiences, students further their education and gain the skills necessary to become the sustainability practitioners of the future. When internships opportunities become available, we will post them below. Check back often, as new internships are added throughout the year.
- University of Transportation Research Center Internship
- NYC SUMMER INTERNSHIP PROGRAM GIS INTERN
- Daffodil Project Intern
- Jug Bay Wetlands Sanctuary Research Internship